Offering 80 acres of opportunities to experience how trained animals can develop skills in individuals of all abilities to cultivate success, community & vocational involvement, and a neighborhood of togetherness.
- Occupational Therapy Services: Improve life skills, transitions, and community inclusion by meeting goals during animal-assisted therapy sessions!
- Community OT in mOTion: Achieve your destination and learn independent living skills using animal-assisted therapy.
- Vocational Skills Training: Explore animal-related vocations and entrepreneurial opportunities leading to successful employment
- Hippotherapy: Feel how the rhythmical movement of a horse improves posture, tone, strength, and social participation during a private therapy session tailored to address individualized goals to live life to the fullest.
- Community Integration Programs:
- Therapeutic Riding: Connect with your horse and friends while learning to ride as independently as possible with this adapted sport.
- Service Dog Training: Gain independence and a loyal companion by training your service dog to assist with your life goals. Service dogs can assist individuals with autism and anyone with mobility deficits to increase safety, balance and/or object retrieval for improved inclusion and success in the community, work, or school environment.
- Dog Training & Boarding: Start off on the right paw with puppy and obedience classes, private classes, Daddy Doggy Daycare and overnight services!
- Take the Lead and join community members and peers in scheduled recreation and social activities like Dog Yoga.
Location: Taking the Lead, Inc.’s programs are offered at Timberbrook Farm:
21000 Slab Bridge Rd Freeland, MD 21053